Types of submissions
WCCE 2017 welcomes the following types of submissions (maximum lengths for all submissions include references):
- Full paper: A full paper is a standard academic research paper (maximum length: 10 pages).
- Short paper: A short paper is an academic paper, position paper, case study, policy paper or a national perspective (maximum length: 5 pages).
- Industry foresight: Companies and developers outline their state-of-the-art technologies
- Symposia: A symposium is a collection of related papers on a central theme of the conference.
- System presentations: Ongoing hardware and software project developments relating to the conference theme may be presented
- Learners and teachers presentations: demonstrating uses, learning activities and learning outcomes
- Panel sessions: a panel of up to three identified speakers who will briefly present their views on a pertinent topic, leaving sufficient time for discussion.
- Doctoral consortium: find more information in section Doctoral Consortium
- Fireside chats: a moderator and at least one expert have an informal conversation about a key topic
- World café: this event enables a large group to engage in dialogue through smaller sub-groups who sit around tables discussing key questions
- Pecha kucha: short and snappy with 20 slides and no more than 20 seconds per slid
- Speed geeking / rapid demos: Small groups of participants visit tables at which the presenters are sat.
We also invite people to suggest alternative formats when they submit their abstract.